Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 2

Share the new insights and information you have gained from these conversations (or the podcast and Harvard website)

I have had several conversations with Judith Wagner of OMEP-USA and am learning a great deal. Judith has passed my information on to other colleagues and I am now connected to others. I’m learning that by reaching one hand out to help, five more my reach back to show you how to help.

Describe in particular the additional information about issues of equity and excellence you acquired from your international sources

I do not have the specifics yet, but there will be a conference in April and the topic will be Education and Refugees Children: A Promising Swedish Experience.  I am waiting for a response from Carol Darcy, an OMEP-USA liaison.  It is very exciting to correspond with new people.  I know I said this before, but it is also very exciting leaving my comfort zone to discover all the possibilities of advocacy. 

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are able to reach out to others in this field. What have you learned from individuals you spoke to? What was it that impacted you the most?

    I look forward to hearing what you've learned from others in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chrissy,

    I am learning about NGO and how they function and advocate for children and families. Judith and Carol have been tremendous facilitators and I am optimistic about working with them and OMEP-USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is so exciting and encouraging. I would like to connect with people the way you have and am definitely interested in this conference in April. I have not had much luck getting to converse with people through this course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kali,
    I think it is great that you have been able to reach out to these individuals and form a relationship with them. It sounds as if they are eager to share information and educate others about their organization. I look forward to finding out more about the information they pass on to you.

    ReplyDelete