Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting to Know Your International Contacts—Part 1

Introduce your conversation partners (or the podcast participant) to your colleagues

I am so excited to say that Ms. Judith Wagner of OMEP-USA contacted me by email and we had such an excited conversation.  I am so ready to get on board and start getting into advocacy!


Share what you have learned so far from these exchanges (or from the podcast and website)

I’ve learned that I am so close to all the action! I can meet with the liaison (if he has the time) of OMEP in my area, I can attend meetings, and meet my heroine Marian Wright Edelman!


Describe your new insights and information about issues of poverty
 
There is so much information on the website, as well as with Ms. Wagner.  The programs and outreach OMEP-USA offer on a global level is phenomenal.  I am in the process of becoming a member of OMEP-USA. With the membership, I will have access to programs, information, and events that will facilitate growth and confidence in my role as an advocate in early childhood development.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you, that you have connected with Ms. Wagner. I misread your "close to all the action" and read "a call to action!". I immediately took this message to heart for myself. I give to WorldVision but am not doing enough to help eradicate world hunger among children. I want o become actively involved with a local organization and am finding out how to go about doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carole!

    I am beginning to branch out of my comfort zone and look at global levels. We are all doing great. We just have to take it one day at a time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear you were able to contact someone. It is very exciting to learn from other people and to see where we fit in! This will be a very valuable resource for you.

    ReplyDelete