Friday, March 4, 2011

Getting Ready—Establishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources


It seems this assignment will be a little challenging for me. Our task is to establish connect with two international organizations in order to build and strengthen our awareness of early childhood supports outside our country.

First, I previewed the list of resources provided for us on the link. Next, I went to each site and read and searched for something that would catch my attention. Then, I found two organizations that caught my attention and looked further into the websites. And finally, I contacted, via email, the directors of the organizations and asked to establish a relationship with someone there.  So far, I have not received any feedback, which leads me to believe that I will have to search the other organizations, as well as take the advice of Kristina (thank you) and look at other channels (i.e. facebook) to find a suitable organization.

After having searched, I found a very interesting prospect. The website that I chose to use as a reference for this course is the World Organization for Early Childhood Education ( also known as OMEP).  This is an organization composed of teachers, advocates, students, etc, dedicated to improving early childhood education nationally and internationally.  I am excited about this site and have contacted someone and hope to hear something soon. I advice my colleagues to keep searching no matter how hard it may seem.  Think and look outside the box and be persistent.  




6 comments:

  1. Apparently, the OMEP is going to have to be a resource for me as well. Nice picture by the way! I wish I would have thought of that. Thinking outside the box and being persistent and necessary qualities for teachers of early childhood. Good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture you found! And you're welcome. It is good that you are not getting discouraged - I probably sent out about fifty e-mail/ facebook messages, and only got two responses (but I was sure excited about those two). I am also hoping to get an ongoing correspondence going with somebody. I think this would be such a great way to learn more about the worldwide ECE field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! I found the picture on google images. Remember Carole, we are all in this together, so in a sense, you did think of it. At Mamaearth, those two responses may be the things you need and the rest were not meant for you. I am so happy to be in the company of such wonderful people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the image you selected for this blog. After almost a week and waiting for responses I must agree this assignment will be a little challenging. I also contacted the directors in three countries through International Child. I hope to hear something. Good Luck..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photo! It reminds me of why I became a teacher...to inspire these little minds! I hope you will hear something soon from your contacts. I am in the same boat waiting to hear some feedback. Let's stay positive and keep trying, I am sure we will hear something this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Agneatha and Candace!

    I wish you both well too. With this and any assignment like this, it is pretty much a waiting game. I am hopeful we will all complete this task. I'm in the company of intelligent colleagues.

    ReplyDelete